$75 - $200 Water Heater Rebate
July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2010
It is the interest of Carroll Electric and its members to reduce the demand for electricity and promote the use of high efficiency appliances. Carroll Electric will offer a water heater rebate to encourage energy efficiency. In order to qualify for an appliance rebate, the member must agree to adhere to the following program requirements:
Rebates for existing homes w/ electric water heaters
|Warranty||50-70 gallon||Over 70 gallon|
|11 years or more||$125.00||$200.00|
Rebates for new homes or gas conversions
|Warranty||Over 50 gallon|
|Minimum 5 years||$200|
- The water heater must be a new electric storage tank unit that is greater than 90% efficient (greater than 0.90EF).
- Appliance must be at least 50-gallon capacity.
- Water heater must have at least a five-year warranty.
Conditions of Rebate
- A radio-controlled switch will be installed or inspected and must remain on the water heater for a minimum of five years.
- Appliances not meeting the capacity and warranty requirements are not eligible for this program.
- The purchase and installation of the electric water heater must be approved by Carroll Electric.
- Carroll Electric must verify through a purchase receipt that new electric water heater was purchased and installed during the rebate period.
- The building where the electric water heater is installed must be a residence which uses electricity from Carroll Electric. No commercial or industrial buildings.
- Rebate is to be issued to the cooperative member; the rebate cannot be paid to a builder/dealer.
- A rebate request form, proof of purchase and warranty must be submitted to Carroll Electric within 90 days of the purchase of the water heater, or by the end of the rebate period, whichever comes first.
- A rebate will be issued by Carroll Electric in the form of a check, or it may be placed on the member’s account as a bill credit.
- Under no circumstances with the rebate amount exceed the purchase price of the water heater.
- A maximum of one (1) water heater rebate may be paid per member home.
- Rebate request forms are available in the Carroll Electric office or can be printed from
- Carroll Electric’s website at www.cecpower.coop.
- Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heaters and on-demand water heaters are not eligible.
- Seasonal accounts are not eligible.
Prefer to print out the rebate form and fill out offline: Download Water Heater Rebate
Funds are limited for this rebate. Rebates will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Carroll Electric will periodically review this program to determine its continuance and value to our members.