$400 Heat Pump Rebate
July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021
It is the interest of Carroll Electric and its members to reduce the demand for electricity and promote the installation of a new heat pump for heating and cooling in a new or existing residential home. Carroll Electric will offer a rebate to encourage energy efficiency for approved heat pumps. In order to qualify for a heat pump rebate, the member must agree to adhere to the following program requirements.
Qualified Equipment and Installation
- Equipment shall be rated according to ARI (Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Institute) test standards and certified by ARI or CSA (Canadian Standards Association) or other nationally recognized testing organizations.
- The heat pump shall be a central system or a mini-split system meeting current minimum federal appliance efficiency standards.
- The installer must be licensed in the state of Ohio
- The system must include properly-sized duct work, where applicable.
- Dealers shall provide to customers, as part of the sales-installation agreement: An owner’s manual and instruction for equipment operation, installation instructions and warranties, and offer for a maintenance-service contract.
Eligibility & Conditions for Rebate
- The participating dealer or consumer shall be required to submit to Carroll Electric:
- Application for rebate & copy of sales receipt
- Upon request by Carroll Electric, copies of equipment and duct sizing calculations
- Carroll Electric must verify through a purchase receipt that new heat pump was purchased and installed between during the program period.
- Carroll Electric shall inspect the installation before issuing the rebate.
- The building where the heat pump is installed must be a residence which uses electricity from Carroll Electric. No commercial or industrial buildings.
- Rebate is to be issued to the cooperative member; the rebate can be paid to a builder/dealer if a home is new construction.
- A rebate request form and proof of purchase must be submitted to Carroll Electric within 60 days of the purchase/installation of the heat pump or June 30, 2021, whichever comes first.
- A rebate in the amount of $400 will be issued by Carroll Electric in the form of a check or may be placed on member’s account in the form of a bill credit.
- A maximum of one (1) heat pump rebate may be paid per membership.
Prefer to fill out the application offline? Download the Heat Pump Rebate
Rebates will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Carroll Electric will periodically review this program to determine its continuance and value to our members.